Friday, January 3, 2014

Cooooold!

Today was another good day but a very COLD day! We stayed indoors as much as we could outside of a trip to Sam's Club just to get out of the house. Ainslee pushed the buggy some (though it was harder than the Petsmart buggy because it was taller and wider) and did back bends on the cafe benches. ;)

I went to get a haircut and visit Books-A-Million while she napped but Corey got her up while I was gone since the haircut took longer than I expected. I used my gift cards, as is typical, to buy Ainslee two books and a puzzle. When I got home, she was fussy and not wanting to come out of her bed. I assumed it was because her routine was different; Mommy wasn't home to get her up from nap. As soon as I gave her the new puzzle, which had numbers on it, she perked up and was herself. She let me read her one of new books followed by the other book which is a magnetic book where certain words are highlighted and we have to put the highlighted words' pictures on the page to illustrate the story. She liked it. She also particularly loved the firetruck and ladder magnets because they reminded her of one of her favorite Bubble Guppy episodes about firetrucks. So she didn't lose the small magnets, I quickly got on Google Images and pasted a picture of a firetruck and ladder into Word, made them bigger, printed and laminated, and gave them to her. She was delighted and carried them around the house for a good 45 minutes before she decided she wanted my phone. ;) Once again, the free gifts trumped the store bought (though she likes them too, especially the puzzle).

Randomly today on the potty also, I sat Ainslee down and realized her pull-up was wet. I said, "oohhhhh Ainslee, you peed in your pull-up instead of the potty" and she promptly replied with, "it's okay, Mommy!" I don't know where it came from but the spontaneity and appropriateness of it made me happy (despite being slightly discouraged that she yet again didn't pee in the potty).

Today was day 3 of the 30 Day Mom Challenge I'm doing. Today was, Hug your child three times today." Again, this is easy. I hug her as much as I can every day. I hugged her more times than I could count and not just because of the challenge. She's a sweet girl who, thankfully, loves her mommy (she's my shadow most of the time) and squeezes. :) So, another successful completion of the challenge. 3 days down, 27 to go. Piece of cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment