Friday, January 10, 2014

Focus of the Day, within 5 minutes, is PURE JOY

It was a long aggravating day at work and lesson plans at the end of the work day but upon getting home, things looked up as I knew that they would. And why? Because of Ainslee, of course. That's how it always. I always know I have that sweet face to enjoy when I get home. Today, in particular, I got the best surprise ever. As soon as I got home, I said hi to Corey, put my bag down, and went to Ainslee's doorway where I saw her sitting on the end of her bed. She looked deep in thought so I said her name and she turned her head to throw me a quick glance/acknowledgement. Then I said, "Hello, Ainslee" and started to walk away (because she usually doesn't return a greeting...ever). Within a couple seconds, I heard her precious little voice say, "Hello, Mommy." I about died on the spot from love overload. I am still so excited! :)

As a result of the above, the 30 Day Mom Challenge task for today has been met, Today's mom focus: Joy. Mission completed. And, in general, that child brings me joy because she exists and is so wonderful. I love her so much and have been so blessed to get to be her mother. I couldn't ask for a better or more perfect little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment