Thursday, January 9, 2014

So, regrettably, the hustle of bustle of being back as a full time teacher and mommy has put me a little behind on my updates (and have made me quite tired).

Ainslee had a good first day back to school on Monday but missed school Tuesday and Wednesday due to the 2 hour delays with Aiken County. It was 14 degrees overnight Monday night and 20 degrees Tuesday night so, thus, the delay. Preschool/Autism Academy was cancelled both days. She went back today, stayed dry all day, and had a good day. I'm beyond grateful that she had a good day. I am forever grateful to her teachers and therapists for instilling that love and making her look forward to coming to school each week!

We had a friend come by tonight whom we haven't seen since before I got pregnant. In fact, he's only ever met Ainslee once, briefly, and it was so long ago (and sporadic) that I don't even know how old she was. Though she was Ainslee tonight and not a social butterfly, I did get her to share her cookies with both daddy (which is normal) and Caleb. She didn't know Caleb nor did she know his name but, I think, this is how smart she is: she didn't know Caleb so when I handed her a cookie and said, "will you give one to Caleb?" She kind of cocked her head, took it, walked into the living room, looked at the stranger that is actually Caleb, and fed him a cookie. Not hand him the cookie but walked up to him and shoved the cookie in his bearded (and lip ringed) mouth. She did it not once but 3 times. :) And by time 3 she was saying, "Caleb, Caleb, Caleb." When she had one cookie left I asked her who she was going to give it to, thinking full and well it would be Daddy, but she walked right up to Caleb and gave it to him. ;)

30 Day Mom Challenge is a bit behind and I think I may have missed one or two with work simply because I couldn't keep up with them daily. I definitely missed #8: Calculate how many weekends are left until your child graduates from high school. I am math stupid and don't know how to do this (nor do I have the brainpower). I'm sure it's not that difficult. If someone wants to help with this, it'd be interesting to know. #9 I think I also failed at because it was, Picture yourself at your child's age. Remember how you felt. There is no memory left in this brain of mind; I do not remember anything about myself when I was 3. None. Nada. I can't remember if I blogged on day #7 but I did do that one, Leave a sweet note for them. There was one in her room on Tuesday and I've already put one in her lunchbox for tomorrow. I'm hoping someone will read it to her. ;) I'm sure they will though. They're good like that at school.

On another note, I'm so sleepy and so was Ainslee. She was SO ready for bed (that's what happens when you refuse to nap after school for Gigi). ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment