Sunday, January 5, 2014

Pajama Day

Today was pajama day for Ainslee and me. We have literally been in our pajamas all day. We've been inside all day, and we have both seemed okay with that. I just showered and am back in my pajamas, but a different shirt. Ainslee will bathe tonight and just put on a different nightgown. I love pajama days.

We stayed inside but we had fun. We jammed to a Yo Gabba Gabba CD, read some books, made her valentines already for school (yes it's early, I get this), played with Bubble Guppies, and I let her watch one TV show and one Sesame Street DVD. We'll play some more tonight as we try to get back on track for school. I made her a calendar for January that has the days she has school, the days that Cameron rides to school with us, the day that she'll go to the dentist (her first time), and when Aunt Amy is coming to visit. It's hung on her table by her bed. She doesn't seem to mind when I tell her tomorrow we go to school because she seems to love school. We'll see how happy she is in the morning when I get her up at 6:30AM. Her backpack is already packed, note for her teachers in her folders, her clothes are laid out, and before I go to bed her lunch will be packed (with her favorites) so if it's hard to get her awake in the morning, at least the small things are already out of the way.

Ainslee did a little better today on the potty by about afternoon. We set the timer for every 20 minutes as usual and Corey bought her a sticker book (Sesame Street) from the dollar section of Target. She looks through them and picks out a sticker but we won't actually give her the sticker until she pees. It worked a bit today. I hope it'll continue. Since nap she hasn't had much luck (back to peeing in pull-ups) but hopefully we can turn that around. Our goal tonight, too, is to be in bed by 9PM at the latest. After research on the internet and emailing her pediatrician on Facebook AND getting a response already, I'm going to give her a little dose of melatonin tonight to help her get to sleep. I'm hoping that once she's back to her school schedule and refusal to nap after school at her Gigi's house, she'll go to bed without the need for melatonin.

In the 30 Day Mom Challenge today, I goofed and did #6 instead of #5 so today what I did was, Bake, make, or buy them their favorite food. I hope what I did isn't cheating but it's truly her favorite food: Spaghetti O's. I bought her a small can AND I even let her eat it without being laced with veggies. She ate the ENTIRE can and did good feeding herself as long as I scooped for her. I also noticed that she eats way better with her right hand than her left. I'll reverse and do #5 tomorrow.


The valentines that we already made for Ainslee's friends at school. Fun and free!

She ate the entire can of Spaghetti O's!

No comments:

Post a Comment